1. Major oil and gas companies publicly traded at the time contested positions on sanctions with African nations – successfully arguing and securing alternative jurisdiction that was more equitable for the client. This case involved both corporate and officers’ liability. The case was settled to the Client’s satisfaction.
2. Represented Asian family with holdings in U.S., Europe, and China. Criminal investigations, leading to criminal and civil cases were launched in Asia, in Client’s home country, alleging looting of a banking institution, self-dealing, and public corruption. An asset freeze was put into effect and sanctions were implemented; Public Relations/crisis management campaign was created and delivered, mitigating the onslaught of bad news; Sanctions were removed.
3. Former Energy Minister of an East European country was represented only in European Union matters; Interpol red notice, asset freeze, and sanctions were removed on appeal.
4. Represented a family-owned holding company with interests in Eurasia. Advised on EU sanctions arising from the Military Coup in an Asian country and in particular leading members of the opposition family. Working in support of an investor, successfully terminating Interpol red notice and EU sanctions.
5. Advised Caucuses individuals in Europe concerning asset freeze and extradition matters.
6. Advised a major Azerbaijan and U.K. Holding company in connection with corporate governance and government affairs matters, and best practices in various regions.
7. Representing multiple companies in the oil sector in the Middle East – contesting EU sanctions – successfully winning important cases with contract values at the stake of close to $1 billion.
8. Represented the former head of state of an African country in vetting certain vendors and providing strategic advice regarding political issues and market entry.
9. Advised Georgian public figures and politicians and political parties on various matters, including government relations and public affairs.
10. Advising on European Union aspects of contract claims between authorities of an East European country and companies owned by several high-profile businessmen in relation to a disputed energy infrastructure project in Eastern Europe. Developed a coalition of advisors and counsel composed of major law firms, and consulting firm, McKinsey & Co.
11. Represented an early-stage technology company in Europe that was subject to administrative sanctions. Negotiating asset freeze in Europe in the client’s favor.
12. Represented Ukrainian politicians, including 2 candidates for president, Agrarian Party of Ukraine, and Rada members in connection with advocacy and other matters in the U.S.
13. Represented a regional Eastern Europe-based pharma company in connection with market entry strategy and U.S. strategic partnerships; board expansion, and immigration matters for the Client’s principals.
14. Represent private equity funds investing in enterprise software mid-market companies in the U.S.
15. Represent family foundations in connection with charitable giving;
16. Represent regional telecom companies in connection with market entry and regulatory matters.